Gender Bender

Posted by Dove Swanson - -

Yeah, we've been absent for awhile, we know. I blame it on the opening of my shop, and Law blames it on his new blogging career. So, we've decided to go out with a bang here at SG, our last post will be as kooky and fun as they ever were (at least for us) - but first we wanted to say thank you to the SecondGuru gang for letting us hang and do our thang! We'll be blog-stalking you guys as hard as we ever did.

This mashup came about while we were standing around trying to decide what to blog from our massive and cluttered inventories, when a random comment about the fact that I have so much boy stuff and the fact that he rawks so much girl stuff gave me an idea....

Why not do a couple's blog...and not just 'the usual' because there's nothing 'normal' about us. Instead, I would rawk the boi clothes and he'd rawk the gurl clothes! I mean, let's face it, I don't have the boobs for the girlie stuff and he has the face of a sweet goddess, this was bound to happen at some point. We decided one of the rules we would apply to our little game of cross-dressing fun was that our entire outfit had to be composed of items from the opposite sex or they had to be unisex.


My outfit was pretty easy, mainly because I tend to dress like a boi when I'm not dressed like a dolly (yeah, I go from one extreme to the other). So for me it was just a matter of 'hmm, what to wear today' and making sure that all the accessories fit our rule. It's a little harder for a boy to accomplish this switcheroo in SL, but I think he did a decent job, especially with the extreme pieces he chose to use. I've never seen a guy sporting the AJ hair from ETD, nor would I ever think I would find the Punk Rock Piper Jacket from The Kitty Box on a dude either, but he actually pulled it off! I opted for the tried and true beater that any good ol' gal can work, and then slid into his favorite Primitive Design Fightclub Punk Pants too! Mmmm, almost as hawt as a chick in guy's boxers (and nothing else).


He decided to go with the girly skull pants from PD, and I stuck with my new favorite hair from booN (short, messy, black - totally me). With our base parts picked and fitted together, then it was just a matter of accessories. I couldn't go with such a durty emo beater without pairing it with the dirty wrench layers from [Dystopia], a favorite in my inventory that I pull out on a weekly basis! And even though we blogged the Guarded Heart Choker once before, as soon as he cycled through it in his inventory, we both knew it was a keeper with this outfit - so what the hell! My neck accessory of choice was a skully tie from *amerie's Naughty*...I love this shop, please fash-bloggers, if you want to abuse a shop on the feeds, abuse *aN*...give me more!


Skulls seem to be a theme in our daily SLives, so when he chose the belle morte belt from kyoot Army I wasn't really surprised (I concurred). I stole his socks while I was stealing his pants, and rawked the PD Fuckd Up socks pretty darn hard if I do say so myself - of course it probably helps that I threw on some Zero Number boots, these boots make anything look twenty times more elite. He thinks so too and threw on another flavor of the same brand for his outfit.

At the end of the day I think we did alright. I kind of ended up looking like I do when I pull one of my 'durty boi' moods, which is quite often...so I have to give him the win in this little game of ours, simply because he pulled off some stuff I would never imagine seeing on a guy and he did it well. But, this is why he's the sexy one and I'm the morose one, I suppose. So that's us, Dove and Lawless, signing off for SecondGuru, but you'll see us around and about we're sure! Til then, fashion world!



Seen on Lawless:
Synfully Yours – Bangles (Earth)
Primitive Design – Skulled Corpses Skulled Pants (MudBrown)
Orion Designs – Guarded Heart Choker
kyoot Army – Dark Bella Morte Belt
ETD – AJ Hair (black)
~ broken ~ – Torn Fishnet Shirts and Tops
B@reRose – Sign Of Bondage Boy Leg Ribbon
The Kitty Box – Punk Rock Piper Jacket
[Nooky] – Jo-han-na Bandana
Zero Number – Engineer Boots Zipper Brown
Needful Things – NT eyez 09

Seen on Dove:
*amerie's Naughty* - NAUGHT Safety-PinTie GraySkull
-Clobber- - Fingerless Stitched Padded Gloves
/rockerwear/- emo undershirt
[Nooky] - MAR:da Armband
*No Mercy* - No Mercy Stars (face tat)
*Push Button Industries* - 45 RPM Buckle Cuffs (Black Metal)
Cake - Bedroom Lashes
[Dystopia] - Dirty Wrench
*booN - booN TFH26 jetblack big
Manna - Heavy Metal V.2
Primitive Design - Fightclub Punk Pants, Fuckd Up Socks (black)
Zero Number - AM Short Bb Boots Black