Houndstooth with spunk & funk

Posted by Bibs Burns - -

Yay, finally my first item for the SecondGuru website! I've been involved in the making of this website from day one and I won't bother you with the reasons why I took this long to have my clothes 'come out of the closet'. Instead I will introduce myself by wearing a casual classical style with a little spunk& funk which is typical for me.

My inspiration for this outfit stems from the treasures I found at Tree Of SL. I only recently discovered TOSL and fell head over heels in love with Quinlan Quimby's creations. She combines unmistakable craftmanship with true originality and sells her creations in a setting which does justice to her creations and to the endless possibilities of SL. The store and it's surroundings are a treasure on it's own.

I started my outfit with this particular skirt from TOSL because I dig the houndstooth texture and because of the way the fabric continuously and softly floats around my legs. Quinlan makes mermaid costumes too and this must explain why she manages to give her skirts this fabulous wavy movement. Unfortunately it's impossible to catch movement in a snapshot. So you'll just have to experience it yourself.

I paired the skirt with te newlie released thin wool top from Persona in beige. This top has some great assets like the charming 3/4 sleeves, the well executed shading, the fact that it comes in a pack with 9 colors and has a tintable layer included and last but not least te pricetag. At 120 Lindens I consider this to be great value for little money.

The classical combination of the houndstooth textured skirt with the thin wool sweater needed something funky to spice it up so I eagerly pulled out the Funky Hobo Bag from TOSL again and decided to wear scarlet opaque tights by TaP. It doesn't show on the snapshot but the exact same shade of red is used in the houndtooth print of the skirt. So far so good :)



So now for the spunk. These suede boots with leather flexi straps are made by Lyra Muse from Last Call and have all that it takes to get me going. These boots go way up until the knee and the heels are just the right height to my taste. The detailing on the Tatienne boots is amazing.
















All the fabulous accesories I'm wearing are from TOSL and deserve the closest-up possible so here we go:

Funky Hobo Bag 'Marley's Medley'

Adamas Wood Bangle 'Brazilian Nights'

Fruitylicious Charm Bangle 'Tangy'

Fruitylicious Earrings 'Cerises'

That was it from me, hope you enjoyed :)

Bibs Burns


I'm wearing:

Urban Peasant Skirt version 1.3 Houndsbite by Quinlan Quimby at Tree Of SL

Tintable Thin Wool sweater in beige by Millie Writer at Persona

Opaque Tights in scarlet by CJ Carnot at Tete a Pied

Tatienne Boots in black by Lyra Muse at Last Call

Funky Hobo Bag 'Marley's Medley' by Quinlan Quimby at Tree of SL

Adamas Wood Bangle 'Brazilian Nights' by Quinlan Quimby at Tree of SL

Fruitylicious Charm Bangle 'Tangy' by Quinlan Quimby at Tree of SL

Fruitylicious Earrings 'Cerises' by Quinlan Quimby at Tree of SL